Zip Lines and Monkey Land
- Enjoy the premier zip line park in Punta Cana, with 18 platforms and 12 zip lines
- Stop by Coconut House to sample great coffee and see how coconut oil is made
- Spend time with the nicest primates on the island at Monkey Land
- Activity duration: 5 hours (not including transportation time to and from activity)
GOOD TO KNOW
- Tour language: English with ASL Interpreters
- Good physical condition required: Yes
- Minimum age requirement: 6 years old
- Suitable for children: Yes
- Max weight permitted: 285 lbs (127 kg)
- Pregnant women allowed: No
If you’re going to the Dominican Republic to get closer to nature and explore the jungle, this excursion in the depths and heights of the rainforest is what you’re looking for. You'll have a chance to meet and interact with jungle monkeys, as well as soar through the trees with a number of different zip lines, high in the Punta Cana canopy.
Fly more than a mile on zip lines
Following pick-up from your resort, your adventure begins at one of the area’s best zip line attractions. Your instructor will outfit you in harnesses and helmets and you’ll receive a safety briefing before climbing to the first of 18 platforms offering 12 zip lines. Fly across the sky from one platform to another on these zip lines that range in length and height, including one that’s more than 2,600 feet long! In all, you'll travel more than a mile on zip lines, enjoying the 360-degree jungle views at every turn.
Interact with wild monkeys
Next, make a quick stop at the Coconut House, where you'll see how the locals turn coconuts into coconut oil, as well as sample some of the Dominican Republic’s best coffee. Then, it’s off to Monkey Land, where you'll have a chance to come face to face with wild and friendly primates. This 5-acre nature park is owned by a couple who have spent 35 years in this area getting to know the monkeys and earning their trust so that they’ll come eat from your hands, sit on your shoulders and practically smile during photo ops. While visiting Monkey Land, you'll also be served lunch before heading back to your resort.