4 Hours - 10:00 am departure
Spend half a day on an outdoor adventure that combines snorkeling a famous reef and as well as in a shallow, secluded starfish sanctuary. Your tour begins with a scenic coastline cruise to the National Marine Park. There, receive snorkeling instruction and gear from your PADI-certified guide before drift snorkeling over Palancar reef, Cozumel’s most iconic reef. In fact, divers since Jacques Cousteau named one of the best diving sites in the world. After, make your way to El Cielo (Spanish for heaven), a shallow sand strip teeming with stunning starfish, the only natural starfish sanctuary in Mexico. On your way back to the ship, the onboard bar is open for a well-deserved drink.
• Superb snorkeling: Explore over the two most important natural attractions in Cozumel.
• Gear and drinks included: Tour includes full snorkel gear, soft drinks and, after snorkeling activity, an open bar featuring draft beer, rum punch and margaritas.
• Scenic boat ride to and from: Navigate along the coast on a two-hull motor sailboat.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Biodegradable sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Towel (from ship)
• Biodegradable sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Shoes with non-slip soles
• Reef socks/water shoes
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
• All participants must be: proficient Swimmers, in good health, self-sufficient and between the ages of 8 and 70 years old. No exceptions can be made to the maximum age limit of 70.
• Participants must be able to descend and climb boat ladder(s).
• Participants must comply with all of the instructions given by the Vessel Captain and/or its Crew.
• Participants must comply with Cozumel National Marine Park rules of use.
• Under aged participants must be accompanied, directly supervised and cared for by the responsible Companion, Parent (s)-or Legal Guardian at all times.
• Alcoholic Beverages will be served AFTER the Snorkeling activity and only while at sea.
• Legal drinking age in México is 18 years of age. *for safety reason, straight shots are not provided; alcoholic beverages are served as mixed drinks.
• Playa Mia requires, at its sole discretion, a valid photo ID as proof of age for alcoholic beverage consumption.
• Playa Mia reserves the right to refuse service of Alcoholic beverages to guests that appear intoxicated, are unruly or underage.
• Minors will not be served alcohol even with parental consent.
• All participants must sign a waiver.
• Pregnant women and guests with asthma, heart conditions, diabetes, seizures, respiratory conditions, blood pressure conditions, back/neck injuries, or those medicated with: antidepressants, lithium, beta-blockers or base (vein) constrictors are discouraged to participate.
• This is not a Suitable tour for wheelchair users, pregnant woman and guests with limited mobility, asthma, heart conditions, diabetes, zeisures, respiratory, respiratory conditions, blood pressure conditions, back/neck injuries, or those medicated with: antidepressants, lithium, beta-blockers or bade (vein) constrictors.
• The National Marine Park of Cozumel forbids the use of chemical sun protection if entering the water. Only biodegradable sunscreens and lotions are permitted in an effort to protect our oceans.