3 Hours - 8:30 am departure
Spice up your vacation with a day spent immersed in Mexican flavors, history, and beach culture, as you learn the way of salsa — both in the kitchen and on the dance floor. Throw on an apron, roll up your sleeves, and get in the kitchen for a hands-on cooking class, where you’ll learn the secrets behind making guacamole and three kinds of authentic Mexican salsas. Alongside a skilled cook, you’ll slice and dice fresh local ingredients to develop deep regional flavors and then sample your salsa accompanied by tortilla chips, Mexican beer, and margaritas. Then it’s time to hit the dance floor and get in the groove of salsa, one of Latin America’s most popular dances. Your professional instructor will get you in sync with the basic steps, timing, turns, and body movements as well as share background on the dance’s earliest beginnings and influences. After all your hard work, you can retreat to the nearby beach in Mahahaul to relax at your leisure. Here you can sunbathe under the Costa Mayan sun, swim in crystal clear turquoise waters, nap under shady palms, or savor an Mexican meal at a seaside cantina.
• Cooking Class: Slice and dice fresh local ingredients to create guacamole and three kinds of authentic Mexican salsas.
• Dance Lesson: Learn the steps, timing and body movements of one of Latin America’s most popular dances from a professional.
• Free Time: Enjoy some relaxing time at the beach, where you can sunbathe, swim, or savor a Costa Mayan meal.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Towel (from ship)
• Insect repellent
What To Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Walking shoes
• Aqua shoes (optional)
• Change of clothes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 10 yards over uneven surfaces and navigate 20 steps.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• This tour is not recommended for guests with physical disabilities or those using walking aids.
• Guests must sign a waiver to participate in this tour.
• Guests must be of legal age to consume alcohol.
• Consider dietary restrictions and food allergies when selecting tour.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current. • Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.