8 Hours - 8:30 am departure
Visit majestic pyramids at Dzibanche and the multi-level Mayan city of Kohunlich for a full day of culture and history. See ruins of two separate Mayan communities, lost for centuries in isolated jungle near the border of Belize. Known for its splendid temples and beautiful pottery, Dzibanche was once a ruling city. A monument to Mayan history, Kohunlich is an immense site exhibiting a broad scope of architecture, with many areas not yet excavated.
• Dzibanche: Explore mystic pyramids and climb tall temples as you ponder clues to this lost civilization.
• Kohunlich: Wide lawns of public centers, ball courts, and high temples with great stone-sculpted masks attest to Mayan civilization.
• Costa Maya Transfer: Your air-conditioned bus transfers you from Costa Maya and takes you deep into subtropical lands.
• THIS TOUR IS OPERATED BY A TOUR OPERATOR THAT HAS BEEN THIRD-PARTY VERIFIED TO AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY STANDARD.
What To Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Insect repellent
• Bottled water
What To Wear:
• Light weight clothing
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with mobility challenges should not select this tour.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting this tour.
• The tour includes a box lunch with a Ham & Cheese sandwich, guests with dietary restrictions must notify the Shore Excursion team on board in advance to obtain an alternative.
• Guests must be able to walk over uneven, occasionally slippery surfaces and climb steps.
• Flash bulbs, tripods and professional video equipment are prohibited at the ruins.
• Guests using home video cameras will be charged government fee of approximately $5-8 USD at site.
• Drive time to ruins is approximately 2-1/2 hours each way.