6.5 Hours - 8:30 am departure
Make your Costa Maya experience unforgettable with a visit to these ruins. Drive through a quaint fishing village and catch up on Mayan history and local culture on your way to the Chacchoben Mayan ruins also known as "The Place of the Red Corn."Be in awe of the temples as you explore the ancient ruins and climb to the top of the "Gran Basamento" to visit two stunning sacred temples. Following this visit, continue on to Uchbenkah Jungle Retreat for fun in the sun, a Mexican buffet and drinks.
• Chacchoben Mayan Ruins: Walk in the footsteps of the Mayan people as you explore ancient temples and palaces.
• Mexican lunch: Enjoy authentic Mexican cuisine at Uchbenkah Jungle Retreat.
• Relax on the beach of the lagoon before heading back to the ship.
What to Bring:
• Sea Pass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Insect repellent
• Towel from the ship
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• This excursion includes a fair amount of walking over uneven surfaces and climbing.
• Blind or hearing impaired guests must be accompanied by an assistant or family member.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.