3 hours - 10:00 am departure
Plunge into Roatan's incredible underwater world on a three-hour snorkeling trip that includes exploration of Starfish Alley, a colorful coral reef and sunken shipwreck, plus all the equipment you'll need for a fun day in the water. Enjoy a 30-minute island drive to the Big Bight snorkel shop where you'll meet your team of expert guides and be outfitted with a mask, snorkel, fins and vest. Then head out by boat off the island's eastern shore for a romp around a snorkeler's paradise. You'll first flutter your fins around the shallow waters of Starfish Alley where dozens of bright red and orange starfish lay on the sandy ocean floor. Then prepare to be awed by the vibrant array of coral gardens and tropical fish swimming around the Mesoamerican Reef, the largest coral reef in the Western Hemisphere. Last but certainly not least, jump into the water for an up-close view of a shipwreck and the chance to see sunken treasures and sea creatures zipping around the bottom of the sea.
• Big Bight: Gear up with a mask, snorkel, fins and vest provided by a professional team of guides.
• Guided snorkeling: Admire brightly colored sea stars at Starfish Alley and splash around the magnificent Mesoamerican Reef's coral gardens.
• Shipwreck: Go below the surface to discover a sunken ship teeming with tropical fish and sea life.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Towel (from ship)
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Swimsuit under cover-up or light clothing
• Reef socks/water shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .1 miles over uneven surfaces, with inclines and about 3 steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate.
• Guests with cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour with snorkeling/swimming elements, since such water activities could be subject to adverse sea conditions such as high winds, waves and sea current.
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them, particularly those involving snorkeling/swimming elements.
• Guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests must be strong swimmers to participate.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
• Guests should not carry or wear valuable items for this active excursion.