4 Hours - 10:45 am departure
Meet a curious troop of monkeys in a local sanctuary and get up-close and personal with local wildlife at an Iguana Farm before savoring a waterfront meal, at your town expense — all on a four-hour, wheelchair-accessible tour around Roatan. Meet your friendly guide in an air-conditioned van equipped for a small group of eight explorers. A drive across the island leads you to a nature preserve where you'll encounter and interact with local spider and capuchin monkeys from a wheelchair-friendly viewing platform. Learn about these active creatures' diet, life history and habits before moving on to a nearby Iguana Farm. Home to nearly 2,700 freely roaming iguanas, this is the ideal place for you to feed these tame reptiles. Top off the day with a scrumptious lunch highlighting local meat and vegetarian dishes while enjoying a view of the Roatan waterfront. This tour requires a minimum of 6 guests to operate at the advertised price. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information to reserve this excursion. Due to the uniqueness of this tour, there is a strict 48 hour cancellation penalty.
• Roatan: Discover the highlights of this Honduran island on a small-group, wheelchair-friendly tour that includes a waterfront meal.
• Monkey Sanctuary: Play with and snap photos of spider and capuchin monkeys, which are native to Honduras.
• Iguana Farm: Encounter thousands of tame iguanas and a scenic drive around the island.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Local currency
• Sun protection
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Comfortable clothes
• Kindly note, lunch at the restaurant is not included in the price of the tour.
• This tour is designed for slow walkers as well as wheelchair users and mobility scooter users who can transfer out of their mobility equipment.
• Guests must be able to walk/roll approximately .3 miles over flat surfaces, with inclines and 1 step and extended periods of standing/sitting.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• This tour is designed to use the most wheelchair accessible routes possible. This includes shorter walking/rolling distances and accessible restrooms.
• Guests must be able to transfer into a standard van and regular seat. No ramp or lift available. Mobility equipment can be stored in the back of the van.
• The restaurant and tour venues are wheelchair accessible.
• Guides are not allowed to push wheelchairs. Guests needing special assistance must be accompanied by an able-bodied companion.
• Tour accessibility can change without notice due to vehicle malfunction, building construction, traffic conditions, or other factors.
• Please note that this information is subject to change and availability is not guaranteed.
• Space is limited but a minimum participation is required in order for the tour to operate.
• Foreign currencies not accepted in many venues.
• Tour does not include the cost of lunch.
• Tour sequence may vary.
• This tour can be booked as a private tour at a higher cost.
• Each guest with their mobility equipment should not exceed maximum weight of 400 pounds.