Hilo is full of hidden gems, and this tour will let you spend half your day on a treasure hunt to uncover its natural beauty. Discover its waterfalls, lava tube, and black sand beach and find a Hawaiian Sea Turtle. You’ll set out on a scenic drive in an air-conditioned van along Banyan Drive, a street made of crushed coral and lined with dozens of Banyan trees planted by celebrities. The beautiful authentic Japanese garden park Liliuokalani Gardens will appear along your route. The site honors Hawaii’s last reigning monarch, Queen Liliuokalani. When you arrive at a 1,000-acre tropical fruit farm, you’ll see exotic crops like cacao, lychee, macadamia nuts, and coffee before visiting a private gazebo to watch water cascade down the beautiful 80-foot tall Rainbow Falls. Enjoy some time at the Farm gift shop, where you can sample fresh coffee and shop for local souvenirs. These falls are known for the rainbow that forms from the morning’s mist. Head up the mountain to explore Kaumana Caves formed from the lava flow of 1881 when the volcano Mauna Loa erupted. You’ll venture to the rugged coastline and a black sand cove to discover the beautiful marine life including the Hawaiian Green Sea Turtle, before returning to the ship.
• Banyan Drive: Ride past a line of Banyan trees planted by celebrities.
• Liliuokalani Gardens: See a beautiful garden dedicated to the Hawaii’s last reigning monarch.
• Tropical Fruit Farm: View exotic crops like cacao, lychee, macadamia nuts, and coffee.
• Rainbow Falls. Falls: Feel cool droplets of water on your skin from this refreshing waterfall that forms a rainbow from its mist.
• Kaumana Caves: Walk through a cave formed from the lava flow of the largest volcano in the world, and learn about its legendary past.
• Black Sand Cove: See the rugged coastline surrounded by lava formations and marine life.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Sun protection
• Cash/credit cards
• Rain gear
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Walking shoes
• Wind/water resistant jacket
• Guests walk over uneven terrain and navigate 20 steep stairs
• Guests may view the cave at the entrance without descending steps.
• Minimum age to participate is 8 years old
• An adult must accompany participants under 18 years.
• Tour runs rain or shine
• Cancellation may occur due to severe weather conditions.
• Guests with mobility issues should not select this tour.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.