A trio of natural splendors come into focus on a 5.5-hour adventure that includes the Spouting Horn blowhole, a walk around well-manicured Allerton Garden, and a gazebo lunch among the leafy foliage of McBryde Garden. The first stop of the day brings you to the south shore near Poipu where you'll stand before the magnificent Spouting Horn. Watch as gallons of seawater powerfully spew some 50 feet into the air through a natural blowhole by the sea. You'll then enter the National Tropical Botanical Garden for a guided romp around Allerton Garden, home to stunning landscape architecture designed by artist Robert Allerton. Some of the rose apples, mangoes, and bougainvillea were even planted by Queen Emma years ago. Moving on to the neighboring McBryde Garden, discover the largest ex situ collection of native Hawaiian flora in the world. You'll be seated in a shrub-shrouded gazebo and savor a light lunch surrounded by palms, orchids and flowering trees. A short walk farther down the trail leads you to a delightful waterfall nestled into dense native vegetation. Breathe in the fresh air of Hawaii before returning to the pier.
• Spouting Horn: This natural phenomenon sits along Poipu's south shore, emitting seawater sky-high through carved-out sea caves.
• Allerton Garden: Learn the royal history of the National Tropical Botanical Garden while admiring neatly trimmed floral topiaries.
• McBryde Garden: Enjoy a light lunch served in a peaceful gazebo setting and follow greenery-lined paths to a picturesque waterfall.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
• Insect repellent
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Closed-toe shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 1.5 miles (2.5 hours) over uneven surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary and deviate depending on the weather condition.