Experience the natural landscapes of Oahu in all their glory on a four-hour outdoor adventure that leads you from the Lyon Arboretum through the Valley of the Rainbows to the hilltop Pu'u Ualaka'a viewpoint. The day begins with a naturalist-led hike through Lyon Arboretum, where you'll spend two hours exploring its 193 acres of tropical rainforest. Through themed gardens you'll encounter some 5,000 species of plants, including endemic ferns, bromeliads, herbs, and a few wild cockatoos. Continue through the Valley of the Rainbows along jungle-enveloped paths that lead past primeval greenery, banyan trees, and mountainous surroundings. Your guide is eager to share all about the island's thriving ecosystem and local wildlife. Your adventure taps out atop Pu'u Ualaka'a, as you stand 1,048 feet above sea level. Feast your eyes on sweeping island panoramas, which include the downtown Honolulu skyline, Waikiki Beach, the volcanic cone of Diamond Head, and Pearl Harbor. Take it all in before heading back to the ship.
• Lyon Arboretum: A two-hour, guide-led hike lets you explore garden trails teeming with 5,000 plant life species and native wildlife.
• Valley of the Rainbows: Walk under banyan trees and past themed gardens filled with herbs, endemic flowers, and exotic birds.
• Pu'u Ualaka'a: Stand atop this hilltop view overlooking Honolulu, Diamond Head, Pearl Harbor and the deep-blue Pacific Ocean.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Closed-toe hiking shoes
• Wet weather gear
• Guests must be able to walk approximately .5 miles (two hours) over uneven surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Consider physical fitness and medical history when selecting tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests with concerns should consult their personal physician.
• Guests must sign a waiver form to participate.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• Tour sequence may vary and deviate depending on weather conditions.