Discover the small Hawaiian island of Lanai on a six-hour adventure that includes a scenic ferry boat trip followed by a rugged drive through the Garden of the Gods and historic Shipwreck Beach. On a 45-minute boat ride across the Auau Channel, you'll relish panoramic island views and may even glimpse spinner dolphins and Pacific humpback whales (during whale season). At Manele Harbor you'll meet your naturalist guide who will lead you, in a four-wheel-drive vehicle, on a tour through Lanai City. Enjoy free time to learn about the area's pineapple plantation legacy, shop around town, and grab a quick lunch before being whisked away to the Garden of the Gods. This lunar landscape looks like it came straight from Mars, with its fiery red rock formations that were formed from centuries of eruptions and erosion. Your guide will point out the island's native flora and fauna on a narrated drive. Then head to the six-mile-long Shipwreck Beach, where a dozen wrecked ghost ships loom right offshore. This stretch of sand is the best spot to capture photos of its decaying barges, steamships, schooners and a massive World War II-era navy vessel.
• Lanai: Delight in a ferry boat ride across the Auau Channel to a small island known for its pineapple plantations.
• Garden of the Gods: Take a four-wheel-drive vehicle across lunar-like landscapes surrounded by bright-red rock towers and volcanic geology.
• Shipwreck Beach: Stand along the north shore to see what remains of rusty, old ships that ran aground offshore.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Hiking/walking shoes
• Guests must be able to walk approximately 20 yards over paved surfaces, with inclines and steps and extended periods of standing.
• Guests must consider their physical fitness level and medical history when determining whether this tour is appropriate. Guests with pre-existing neck, back, knee and/or shoulder injuries, cardiac conditions, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, other heart or respiratory conditions or any other medical condition must take particular caution when selecting a tour — particularly tours categorized as "strenuous".
• Guests who have concerns must consult with their personal physician before engaging in any activity that may be strenuous for them.
• Pregnant women and guests with back/neck problems should not select this tour.
• Guests in wheelchairs and others with limited mobility should not select this tour.
• Guests prone to motion sickness should take precautions.
• Guests must sign a waiver form to participate.
• Participation limited but minimum required for tour to operate.
• The ferry ride between pier and Lanai is approximately 50 minutes each way.
• Tour sequence may vary and deviate depending on weather conditions.