Discover Juneau’s aquatic beauty and bounty on a “whales guaranteed” wildlife expedition and salmon bake. Board a specially-designed, large-windowed catamaran in Auke Bay for a comfortable cruise to Stephens Passage, a favored summer feeding spot for humpback whales. Enjoy viewing and photographing the graceful giants as an onboard naturalist explains their behavior and habitat. The catamaran then whisks you to Orca Point Lodge on Colt Island, for an authentic salmon bake with all the trimmings.
• Whale Watching: Cruise with a skilled captain and naturalist to waters teeming with humpback whales.
• Salmon Bake: Savor a sumptuous spread that features fresh-grilled wild Alaskan salmon.
• Remote Wilderness Setting: Enjoy Orca Point Lodge during lunch, then stroll along Colt Island's beach.
What to Bring:
• SeaPass card and photo identification
• Cash/credit cards
• Sun protection
What to Wear:
• Hat and sunglasses
• Comfortable shoes
• Excursion includes a roundtrip motorcoach ride to and from Auke Bay.
• Other wildlife you might see: killer whales, Steller sea lions, Dall's porpoises, harbor seals, and bald eagles.
• This tour's operators offer a guarantee - a $100 cash refund per person if no whales are spotted.
• Salmon Bake menu typically offers wild salmon, chicken, vegetable medley, rice pilaf, coleslaw, fresh-hot rolls, and desserts.